Tuesday, January 12, 2016

What kind of dragon do I want?

Today was spent reading some dragon drawing books and doing some sketches.  Two dragons from today will be taken further.  The first is what I'm dubbing SeaDragon.  I only got the initial sketch done and will have to ponder what patterning or other fringe or fins I might want to add.  I also have to think about how the patterning will work as a silkscreen to be colored in.

first sketch of SeaDragon

This Feathered Dragon is already a few steps from the first sketch.  I've added some feathers on the wings and along the neck and tail.  I want to refine the tail feathers and think about whether he should have back feet showing or not.

Fire-breathing dragon?

But neither of these is quite right for my young friend.  I'm thinking a dog/lion based dragon might work for him since he likes to roar when we talk about dragons.  So, tomorrow more dragons and more painting samples.



No comments: