Saturday, January 9, 2016

More blue dragonflies

Today, I figured out what sets of paints I want to test and laid out my different fabrics to work with.  I screened blue dragonflies on the dark green cotton and the 2 silks.  Then I painted using the paint set I used yesterday.

dark green cotton
  
The paint didn't flow as well on the 2 hand dyed silks and I realized I should change the color on the tail that alternates with the gold when I change the background color.  On these silks, it should really have been a green rather than the russet I used.

purplish silk


variegated chinese red silk

Painting these 3 dragonflies took about 75 minutes.  There were lots of small bits where I had to use a tiny brush so it took a fair amount of time.   I think the other paint sets will go faster as I gain practice in painting multiples at one time.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the samples come out.



No comments: