Thursday, September 12, 2019

healing from CFS progress report

I am very happy that I can report my energy level is increasing significantly.  I continue to improve as I implement the supplement regime given in Dr. Myhill's book (covered in the last CFS post) and this post is intended to give some detail about what I've done and what I plan to do next.

My miracle energy boost

Here's a timeline of what I've done so far.

5/11  Started D-ribose in 850 mg capsules because of a research link given in the CFS FB group.  The article recommended both D-Ribose (at 5-6g/day) and one of a list of adaptogens.  I've had problems with the adaptogens so I just started the D-Ribose with some improvement in energy but not enough to make me happy.

5/16 Started Ancestral Supplements beef organs.  I had problems taking the 6 a day they recommend so I did 3.  After a few days, I noticed my nails were stronger.  (My nails have always split easily so this was a noticeable improvement.)  Within a couple of weeks, I noticed my hair & nails were both growing much faster and seemed stronger.  There were also some surrealistic dreams which is related to this supplement being a natural antidepressant according to a friend of mine who deals with depression meds regularly.

 I bought Dr. Myhill's book on July 4.  I switch back and forth between the book and her webpage/wiki because the book is organized and the wiki not so much.  This got me taking All One vitamin & mineral supplement again.  It's in a powder form which I find appealing because I already take a large number of pills a day, mostly supplements of various types.  I ordered it via Amazon because our local food coop doesn't carry it and all the ones they do carry have foods in them that I am allergic to.  *sigh*  I also ordered powdered D-Ribose (see picture above) so I could up my dosage to 10-15g a day.

7/13  Started bigger dose of D-Ribose so switched to powder form.  Ordered a different, less expensive brand of ribose.
7/14  Started the All One rice base vitamins.  Libido woke with a roar!  Which made Jeff very happy.

7/14 - 31 Added other supplements given in Dr. Myhill's book.  Here's the list of things she thinks everyone should take plus a smaller list for CFS sufferers.  Still sort of simmering along and switched brands of ribose after finishing the first batch.


August:  At this point, I can do something every day but still wear out by dinnertime.  This is a big improvement over doing something every other day which is where I was in July.  I spent the month reading and doing small things, giving myself time to heal.

9/3 Finished the alternate brand of d-ribose and started the Dr's Best again.  Wow, what a rush!  Within 2 days, I was surging with energy, able to do 3-4 hours of studio work per day instead of 1-2.  And going out without being exhausted.  All on a lower dose of ribose so I'm sticking with this brand from now on.  Other effects I'm noticing include total absence of carb cravings and lower blood sugar readings in the morning.  I've also had enough energy to go on a couple of short birding trips.

Today:  While I'd like to be an energizer bunny again, I could live happily at this level.  I'm working in the studio 3-4 hours a day easily and waking energetic and early every day.  I still need to take breaks and put my feet up a couple of times a day but that's tolerable.  And I still run out of energy after dinner, especially on days when I'm up before 5am.  How do those morning people do this?

After a couple of weeks of the higher energy level, I'm feeling confident that I can maintain this.  At this point, it's time to add in the rest of Myhill's supplements, specifically the iodine, and increase my gentle exercise.  In 4-6 weeks, I'll post about how those things work out.

No comments: