Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekly photo: Cougar Mtn Park

This year, I'm focusing on doing more fiber art using photos printed on fabric. Mostly I'll be using ones I take of birds and local landscapes, with a few bird shots from a couple of bird photographers I'm hoping to work with. In order to do this, I have to take pictures. So, one of the things to do to accomplish my goal is to take weekly pictures on my walks at either the greenbelt (Blueberry Lake) or Cougar Mountain Park. This week's photos are from Cougar Mountain. Some of the spring plants are budding out, but mostly there's the winter sparseness. And the winter water so that the streams are still running. I looked for things that might inspire me to interpret them or incorporate them into a fiber piece. This is one of the possibles from this week. I liked the way the water glimmered between the dead leaves and the stark tree trunks.




The second photo is from Coal Creek which runs along the meadow restoration site. I'm fascinated by the creek and the very narrow footbridge crossing it. Today, a fern next to the bridge caught my eye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos you have here! We still have a while to wait until things start greening up in PA, but I am playing with using photos of flowers I have taken in the past 2 years.

I look forward to seeing what comes from you using your photos. You have some great inspirations here.

Liz Copeland said...

Thanks Sue! I know we're ahead of places that get real winter; my daffodils in the front yard are already up a couple of inches. I've come to like this time of year for the contrasts in the landscape. Some green but only a little and lots of tree trunks and "bones" of nature showing.