Sunday, July 10, 2022

Mandala Medley

 I’m continuing my paint pouring experimentation in the studio and spent this last week trying out some different stencils of various mandala style art.  I actually like all 3 pieces which tells me I’m starting to understand what’s going on and how to work with the materials.


First up is the moody green piece that got some very favorable comments when I posted the background.  I found just the right swirling leafy stencil and I really like how it came out.  I’ll be doing more with this image and trying different backgrounds as I try out different ways to manipulate the paint.




Second in my opinion is this mandala which I have used before.  I like how the green of the mandala brings out the colors along the edge of the peach and blue.  I think a dark blue might also have worked well as a mandala color and I like the color palette in the background so I will likely be doing something similar in the future.  The blue ring is a bit more dominant than I would like so I will be changing that.




And last is a more subtle color combination with little tiny hearts.  I’ll be changing the hearts to just the v at the point so it’s more abstract.  Overall, they all came out okay and have given me lots of paths to take in future playing around.










No comments: