Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Next babystep toward Inktense drawings

Despite six weeks of a miserable cold which turned into an ear infection, I'm still making steady progress on trying out the brand new Inktense bars I got for Winter Holiday. 

This week, I finished setting up my drawing area with the lovely LED light pad so that I can easily do abstractions from my photos and get my line drawings to turn into silkscreens or trace onto paper or fabric.

Tracing on fabric with gel pen
Yesterday, I cut pieces of watercolor paper sized correctly for the snails I'm going to use for my first trial and I made the 2 silkscreens of the 2 different sized snails.  Today, I traced with the 2 different pens recommended in the tutorial I found online and I printed the silkscreen images on both paper and fabric.  Tomorrow I start painting.


I have 3 of each size snail on paper and one of each size on fabric so I'll have lots of trials of the different color combos I might want to use and will also be able to try out different methods of activating the Inktense.  But right now, since it's a snow day here in Bellingham, I'm heading off to watch Baby Driver with my sweetie.

No comments: