Saturday, November 26, 2016

Silkscreening on porcelain

My daughter was doing some experiments with her etsy shop and wanted to try out some silkscreens on mugs.  So we played around in my studio as I had all these screens, stamps, sponges and she brought the paint  and some mugs.  She was happy enough with her results that she had me make several screens for her and I was intrigued enough that I ordered some paints and kept a couple of the test mugs.

I went for the bird images, of course.  Here's my test results today.  The blue bird was a bit blurrier than I would like so I'm looking for ways to thicken the paint just a bit so I don't get so much spread.

The flying heron on the other hand came out well.  I used a stamp for it and I'll be adding some colors after the black outline finishes curing.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results of this first bit of experimentation.

No comments: