Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Gorilla Glue & a small studio hack

Gorilla Glue will hold anything to anything.  And look horrible while doing it.  But since I wanted to attach a wire hanger to the back of a small white board, appearance didn't matter.  Even in an artist's studio.  Here's the finished white board serving its purpose of reminding me what I'm supposed to do in the studio.  Because there's lots of shiny in there and I need help sometimes staying focused.




I've had this little board for a long while and the double sided sticky tape it came with didn't survive the first time I had to take it down and move it.  So I tried some other double sided tape and that only worked on a totally flat surface and even then it failed eventually and the board came tumbling down.  I then went to just propping it up against a wall.  That has its own aggravations, since it will fall over when I have both hands full of something sticky or wet and can't pick it up.  And often the writing gets smudged when it slides down.  Or whatever.

In this last studio cleanup, I decided I wanted it on the wall and started trying to figure out how to hang it up.  The plastic frame rules out anything attached with screws like a sawtooth picture hanger.   And usually that would also rule out my usual picture wire also attached with screws.  But then I remembered Gorilla Glue.  I cut the piece of wire, bent the ends over the edges of the back of the board, taped it in place with the ever useful low adhesion tape, and then put on the Gorilla Glue to make it stay.  We'll see if it goes the distance but it's certainly working just fine for about a month now.

Glue puffs up on contact with moisture

As for the dragons, there is progress but I think we've already seen enough photos of the intermediate steps so the next photo will be the finished pillows.



No comments: