Friday, July 2, 2021

BirdNote podcast: Bring birds back

 I love BirdNote.  Their 2 minute radio clips won my heart years ago and I have appreciated the bird poetry podcasts from BirdNote Presents.  And I'm on their email list so I heard about their new podcast, Bring Birds Back.  I listened to the first episode and found out that bird populations (with 2 notable exceptions) have seriously declined over the last 50 years.  What can an ordinary person/birder do about it?  That's the focus of the rest of the episodes. 



The 2 exceptions to the decline?  Raptors (cause we got rid of DDT) and waterfowl because of the Wildlife Refuge system.  So, I was heartened to learn that if we take action based on what we know, we can have an impact.  

Here's the link to their webpage which gives all the current info.

No comments: