Sunday, April 11, 2021

Using Rapid Resizer to experiment in the studio

 My alcohol ink experimentation continues.  This last week, I tried using a stencil to paint over an alcohol ink background.  This was not as successful as I'd hoped (see below)  and I decided to try just the rose from the center of the stencil after blowing it up in size.  



I could do a black and white version of the rose and then pop into my photo software and scale it that way but I decided to give Rapid resizer a try.  The stencil rose is on the small sheet and the 2 different sizes from RR are to each side.  This turned out to have a couple of advantages over using gimp:  one, I don't have to organize the images on my computer, RR keeps the designs for me and 2) if I want to scale up a design for a larger piece, I don't have to do the dividing it into pages for multipage printing.  



Next step is making the 2 stencils with the scanNCut machine and then I'll play with what color to use for the rose.  I have a fun week planned.  Hope you do too.

No comments: