Sunday, January 17, 2021

A Year of Experimentation, Take 2

 Last year was supposed to be me experimenting in the studio as I healed from ME/CFS and explored what I could do within my physical limitations.  Then, well, 2020 happened.  

So, I'm picking up where I left off when my back went kablooey in August by taking some baby steps this month.  Normally, back recovery from a serious blowup takes 6 months so I am being careful as I start up my studio time again.

I'm still working with Alcohol Ink and will be using the lovely little tool kit I bought to play with marbling and other fun color swirling.


I've been watching videos and reading in the FB groups dedicated to the lovely inks so I was already looking at silicon brushes with interest.  Then Mighty Girls had a post about the above mandala painting kit and I checked it out.  Very good price for all the extra stuff that comes with the silicon brushes.  I start tomorrow with playing with these new tools and seeing how the ink behaves when manipulated.  

No comments: