Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spring inspiration at Larsen Lake

I've been down this last week or so due to a root canal.  I was very low energy but still had enough for walks on the greenbelt when the weather was good.  And I am happy to confirm that spring is really here.  I get some of my best inspiration from these walks and here are a few of the photos I got using my phone.

tree budding out

Spring is my favorite time to go birding since the trees don't have leaves yet and the birds are not only in breeding plumage, but being more social and active.  I also appreciate it as the gray of winter fades away and the colors pop in the landscape.  Great example below...


blueberry field starting to bud
I only got a decent photo of one bird.  Such is the splendor of spring that I even get fond of mallards in this season.  


grazing in the grass

I hope everyone else is able to enjoy their local spring as it pops forth.





No comments: