Sunday, April 12, 2015

Lake Samm birdwalk - warblers, swallows, and much, much more!

In anticipation of a day spent working on the taxes, I went birding this morning at Lake Sammamish State Park because it's April and I haven't seen any warblers yet.  Fortunately, the birding luck was with me and there were plenty of warblers.  Along with a feisty golden-crowned kinglet, several mergansers, lots and lots of swallows dipping gracefully over the kayak students on the lake, and a lovely photogenic gull who was not sure about posing for me.  I got this shot when he decided he'd had enough of the crazy birder lady with the camera.



It's nice to be back out on the birding trail.   I'm looking forward to many more days enjoying the wonderful connection with nature that I get watching the birds.  After the taxes.... *sigh*


No comments: