Friday, May 4, 2012

Discharge experiment grows up & New Gallery for Liz

It's been a very busy couple of weeks, what with two shows opening and applying to and being accepted into Gallery North in Edmonds, Washington.  It's a lovely co-op gallery and I look forward to working with this group of artists and learning much about running a gallery.  More news as it happens!


One of the pieces in the EDGE show started as the discharge experiment I did a couple of weeks ago and posted about here.  The final piece is part of my Dancers series, and is pictured below.




The title is "To Infinity and Beyond" and I am really happy with it.  Several techniques that I've been playing with all came together and now I have a process that has no tiresome phases in it.  I go from one fun way to work with the fabric to another.  Oh, okay, cutting out the little dancers with my teeny tiny scissors is time consuming and too much at once could be tiresome, but other than that, it's a fairly joyful way to make lovely pictures.  I'm looking forward to doing more in this series in the next few weeks, maybe even months.  The ideas are flowing and my energy is up.  Good times ahead!

No comments: