Friday, November 14, 2008

The importance of green activism

I've read Bill McKibben's book, Deep Economy, and found it insightful and optimistic while discussing serious issues. So I'm pleased to post a pointer to a column he's written in Orion magazine, Multiplication Saves the Day. I'll also echo his plug for websites to pay attention to: 350.org, 1sky.org and wecansolveit.org. I believe president-elect Obama is correct in saying that we're just starting the hard work and I'm pleased to see someone laying out how individuals can contribute.

On a more personal front, I'm scheduled for surgery for the kidney stones on November 25, just in time to make sure I don't bake pies this year. Here's hoping this surgery resolves my medical problems.

1 comment:

Andrew at 1Sky said...

Liz, thanks for the 1Sky shout out! Now is the time to demand that Congress and President-elect Obama take bold federal climate action, and we really appreciate your help!

Good luck with the surgery! Sending good thoughts your way!!