Saturday, March 5, 2016

Vacation finale: Eagle checks me out

During the week, I was casually trying to get a better shot of the eagles but they kept avoiding me when I had my phone in hand.  Morning walks with my bins, no problem, they'd stay in their tree and look down at me with that haughty eagle look.  But put my phone in my pocket and suddenly they all had to be somewhere else in a hurry.  That led to this shot of an eagle zooming out of range during the middle of the week.

white head and tail make it an eagle


On the last day of my Samish Island vacation, I went outside during a sunbreak to see an eagle off in the distance.  I grabbed my phone and went back out to see if I could get some kind of shot.  As I was focusing in on him, he decided to check me out too.  No white head, so he's a juvenile, or at least not more than a few years old.

circling overhead to see what I'm doing

And then the final, slightly closer in shot.  After which, he decided I wasn't waving a salmon in the air so he could leave.

Circling eagle takes off

I was glad to finally get an eagle shot but even happier to have had such close up views of so many different birds from the living room of the Beach House.  It was a great place for a quiet couple getaway with good food nearby and lots of fabulous scenery.


No comments: